Sunday, September 19, 2010

Earlyish mornings

It's Sunday morning today. A dear friend has come up from the coast of NC to visit. It's always lovely, restoring and a creative boost for both of us when we're together. Not to mention completely ridiculous and giggle filled. Soon the day will be filled with more of the same. But for now, it's just me and the kitty, sitting at the table writing to you in the quiet. With tea, of course. Always with tea.


Kate came up around noon, and we gave her the house tour (she hadn't seen the inside yet!) and headed out to lunch for the best sammies in town. Complete with glass bottled soda. YEEUM!

After a few stops at our faithful thrift stores - complete with the original Pong game play and a few tee shirts purchased, we headed back home. Check out that action!


The rest of the afternoon was filled with her being sweet and fancying up my computer, and general life-creativity-happy-struggles talk. I can't begin to tell you how good it is to be face to face with her, one of the few people I can claim as my friend for more than a few years. That's what moving around does to some times folks. It's hard for me to keep in touch, I'm much better now, but I get so wrapped up in my present life I forget to let the people who touched me in my last home know what's shakin. I miss lots of people, terribly, so one of the goals is to gather up those lost, dear people and let them know I still think of them. It's a happy goal, one I'm pleased to finally commit to.


As a side note, look how huge my hand is! Gotta love the power of angles!
Dessert. Again- Yum!

xox honey and plums to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment