Monday, October 11, 2010

A good weekend

Our best weekends always seem to happen by surprise.  Take this one for example...


Yesterday we got up, I rode my bike to the leather store and gathered new supplies (yippeee! another belt to come!)  Then we went to the ReStore and thrift stores in search of various furniture (a bust)and moseying for good clothing finds (new dress & shirt!).  Then we wandered over to the chili cookoff, where we sampled some of the best chili I've ever had the pleasure of eating! I mean, WOW good! While we were there, plans were made to have dinner with some friends we haven't seen in a while, so I made pie and we spent the evening eating and marveling over their boy, who is now TWO! Two is too old already!!! We finished off the kid's movie that had been playing in the background an went home and went to bed.


Sunday we got up, went to a favorite brunch dive and headed out to the niieghboring county for more thriftin (yes, our weekends do revolve around thrift stores... why do you ask? teehee) and good old Sunday driving in the country.  there was a giant "small" banana split involved as well.  Topped off that night with a few drinks with friends and a whole lot of silly nonsense.  It was a delishious weekend.

A hat was finished, a bunch of photos taken and a vest was started out of the nummiest oatmeal colored wool I spun up last winter.  Can't wait for it to be done! The back is finished already!



I highly recommend not planning out your days off.

And now, some gratuitous hat shots. Except for the blue one, all the hats, especially the Who-ville hats are all up for grabs, let me know if one speaks to you and I'll pop it up in the shop with your name all over it!

xoxox




teehee! More to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment