Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Happy luck!

I went out to a farmers market with my friend Reeve  (she has two good blogs) this past weekend ( yes, I'm late getting to these things... usually am. )  We got lots of yummy veggies and cider (along with some DELICIOUS smelling mint I'll dry and use in tea later this winter.

We ended up at one of the local museum's tag sale.  Most things were way out of our price range (nice furniture, dish sets, etc) But then I stumbled across some mushrooms. Hand-blown silver and red glass mushrooms.  In various sizes. For a decent price even.  Reeve was sweet and helped talk me into buying them by saying that she'd give 3 of the 12 a good home at her place.  I caved.  As we were loading them into the car, she saw the original price of these little darlings.  YIKES!!!! Deal of the year, that's for sure, I paid 8% of the original price, if my math is right, which it probably isn't :)

Aren't they sweet? I've already lined them up on my mantle, but will have to wait for better lighting to share it with you.

1 comment:

  1. it was a lovely day with a lovely friend AND a lovely find!

    ReplyDelete